DIV Week 9 - Week 11 Surrealism Painting


30th of Oct '17 - 13th of Nov '17 (Week 9-Week 11)
Gilbert Evander Aligoey (0332508)
Digital Imaging and Visualisation
Project 1: Recreating Surrealism Painting

Tutorial



Those were the result that I made by using what I learnt from the tutorial.


Project One

Surrealistic Image Reference that I Chose

So the objective of this project is to recreate the reference that we chose using the photo that we take ourselves and animate it. The animation itself will be a seamless looped GIF.

Week 10

The first step is to find the image that we will take for the recreating. In order to get a good quality photos, use Adobe Photoshop to edit the photos.




These are the images that I use to recreate the surrealistic Image.







After that I make the image look as similar as possible to the reference picture.

The Surrealism Image that I recreated
So you noticed that the moon wasn't in the pictures that i took, that's because I just draw the moon which is actually make it easier to edit.

Final Surrealism Image that I recreated
So, in this picture, what I did was increased the brightness and contrast of the image to make every detail look noticable.

After that is done, all i have to do next is to make a GIF file out of it, so here is the Final outcome.

Final Animated Surrealism GIF
So, for the animation, all I did was moving the trees, make the moon look like phasing, and make the wall look like draining down or melting sort of like effect.

Reflection

I actually not good at taking photos and make it look like matches with other pictures when combining it, I think you can see it too from this project. But I'm happy that I actually could complete this project and made a subtle kind of animation into it. I feel like I have made a progress and I will continue to get better and better as I practice more.

Popular Posts