Compositing and Special Effects (Project 2)

Oct 12 '18 - Oct 28 '18
Gilbert Evander Aligoey (0332508)
Compositing and Special Effects
Matte Painting

Sketching and getting used to drawing on photoshop was the first thing that we do in the first class for this project. The sketch that I made is the image below.

First sketch on the class
More sketches were asked for each of us to do to have more options and see whether any of it has good composition and depth in field in it. The following images are sketches I did (I didn't know we were supposed to sketch it digitally).
Sketches
Mr. Kannan gave some ideas on which ones that I'm interested in, which is my first sketch and the bottom left as for the sketches part.

I chose the first sketch since it has a good composition and has the depth in field in it. Afterward, I refined my draft sketch which is shown below.

Sketch Progression
Sketch Progression 2
After showing it to Mr. Kannan, he gave some help where I could put some foreground which gave it more depth and put a general color grading where it sets the mood and feel.

Final Painting

Animation has to be done in this image to show the depth in it. Simple subtle animation can be done such as moving the foreground closer, midground slowly moving forwards, or maybe add a flying bird or moving water. The following video is the final outcome of this project.


Popular Posts